Here you can find our latest news. We look forward to your interest in our activities. If you have any questions, then please get in touch with us.
06. Sept. 2016 - The PF cooler range from Kelvion is designed especially to cool oil. These coolers are shell-and-tube heat exchangers in which not every individual tube is provided with cooling fins: instead, all tubes mutually use a common bundle of cooling fins for enhanced heat exchange. PF coolers achieve significantly better heat transfer than do non-finned shell-and-tube heat exchangers, with the result that they offer the same cooling duty with a unit that is approx. 25 % smaller and lighter than...
The new Bloksma FlowBox cooler for cargo and working ships combines the benefits of box coolers and plate heat exchangers
06. Sept. 2016 - With its Bloksma FlowBox, Kelvion offers a high-performance maritime cooler for tugboats, freighters, dredgers, and supply ships. Especially in stationary service, the FlowBox allows appreciably greater cooling duty than do conventional box coolers with the same dimensions. To achieve these benefits, the FlowBox implements demand-controlled forced circulation of the cooling sea water.
Exhaust gas recirculation by Kelvion reduces nitrogen oxide emissions from two- and four-stroke marine engines by one-fifth
06. Sept. 2016 - To satisfy strict exhaust gas regulations, the exhaust of marine diesel engines must be aftertreated, or the engines must be designed from the very beginning for clean combustion by implementation of special design measures inside the engines. One of such interior engine measures is exhaust gas recirculation. This emission-reduction technique can be retrofitted and has proven successful for two- and four stroke diesel engines.
06. Sept. 2016 - To enable use of marine gas oil with low sulfur content, despite its low viscosity, passive cooling with sea water or fresh water offers an effective solution. Compared with systems with chillers, passive cooling solutions enable lower operating costs and require less maintenance. As a rule, the use of Kelvion MGO coolers lowers the temperature of fuel to 35 to 40 °C, which achieves a viscosity of 2 to 3 centistokes (cSt): suitable for the operation of most engines.
12. Aug. 2016 - At Chillventa in Nuremberg, Kelvion (formerly GEA Heat Exchangers) will present its portfolio of heat exchangers, as well as commercial and industrial cooler systems. The Kelvion “glass cooler” to be shown at Chillventa adds transparency to a display of industrial processes. This item being exhibited at the fair is a Goedhart VCI-p-13457 air cooler, in which some of the copper tubes have been replaced by glass to reveal what goes on inside. Fair visitors can therefore follow the evaporation...
Green power full speed ahead – heat exchangers from Kelvion. For greater efficiency on shipboard and reduced pollutant emissions
22. July 2016 - Under the motto “Green is the color of our solutions,” Kelvion at this year’s trade show SMM will present components to enable the merchant-marine industry to enhance its efficiency and/or to reduce NOx and SOx emissions. For example, MGO plate heat exchangers, pre-assembled on a rack, serve to cool low-viscosity gas oil – which minimizes the formation of sulfur compounds in fuel tanks.
Kelvion rounds out the Cu-Al air coolers of its Goedhart® range by introducing 60-bar models for CO2 refrigeration facilities
30. Mar. 2016 - Beginning now, Kelvion is offering Goedhart® air coolers with copper-aluminum heat exchangers, to include a so-called LX version for operation with CO2 as refrigerant. The LX versions have been designed for a range of cooling and freezing applications at operating pressures up to 60 bar.