K°Bloc - RELIABILITY REFINED
30. marzo 2020 Kelvion has refined the K°Bloc fully-welded plate heat exchanger to further enhance its reliability and efficiency. Designed and made in Germany, K°Bloc plays a leading role in Kelvion’s package of sustainable solutions, working across a broad range of iquids, temperatures and pressures. It is ideally suited to the demands of the oil and gas, chemical and petrochemical industries for separating mixtures of oil, water and solids.
K°Bloc is the result of decades of experience with demanding applications, more
than 30 years of welded plate heat exchanger expertise and a commitment to
continuous product improvement.
It offers several unique benefits:
- K°Bloc is available in various materials and different plate corrugations.
- Unique comb technology and the reinforced corner design make it suitable for high temperature and pressure process applications up to 50 barg and 400°C
- High heat transfer rates allow compact K°Bloc designs
- Reduced total installation cost thanks to the higher recirculation rate and alower static head
The K°Bloc frame consists of four columns, top and bottom heads and four side
panels. These side panels can be detached to allow free access for cleaning the
The individual plates are welded alternately on the two longitudinal sides and at the
corners. There are two pressure-resistant channels separated from one another
inside the unit. The plate pack is installed between the four columns, four bolted
panels and the top/bottom head plates, thereby forming a compact plate heat
exchanger with two circuits. In the plate pack, the medium flows in a cross flow
direction. The entire unit consists of a counter-current cross flow arrangement.
In addition, the heat transfer plates are corrugated to induce high turbulence and
minimize fouling. The turbulent flow creates high shear stress on the walls, which
literally scrubs deposits and fouling from the heat transfer surface. This is known as
the ‘self-cleaning effect’. Consequently, the lowered fouling rate minimizes
maintenance costs, extends service intervals and increases the heat exchanger’s
Two different plate corrugations are available. Chevron corrugation enables effective
heat transfer, while double dimple corrugation is the first choice for highly viscous or
solid-containing media, as well as for vacuum applications.
K°Bloc perfectly suits the most demanding applications. Efficient, reliable operation
and low maintenance day after day, year after year.
The values of Kelvion customers are reflected in the K°Bloc values:
high efficiency, robustness & reliability, high corrosion resistance, low
maintenance requirements, flexibility & compactness as well as a trustworthy
partner. Explore them all here.
Pubblicazione: In caso di pubblicazione, vi chiediamo gentilmente di inviarci una copia del vostro articolo per archivio interno.Torna all'elenco