Marine Cooling System Box Cooler
Effective and reliable
A Box Cooler is a water cooling system which finds a growing market share in both inland and sea going ships. Fresh on-board cooling water is forced through a U-tube-bundle, which is placed in a sea-chest having inlet- and outlet-grids. The cooling effect is reached by natural circulation of the outboard water in the sea-chest or by a circulation due to the speed of the vessel.
The Bloksma Box cooler cooling system, widely used on smaller and medium-sized vessels, is well-known for its high quality standard which resulted in a major market share in water cooling systems. Bloksma Box coolers are available in a wide variety of sizes and execution therefore complying with almost each seachest design. Due to its unique principal the complexity of the entire cooling system is reduced and leads to a reduction of investment by the shipyard and shipowner. Moreover the Bloksma Box coolers are virtually maintenance free which reduces operational costs compared to any other cooling system.
- Elimination of complete outboard secondary cooling water circuit. Eliminating (seawater) pump, filters, valves, and expensive seawater piping etc.
- Flexibile solutions and sizes available, i.e. Bottom Pull, Top pull, stepped bundles, double circuit, Integrated ICAF and more
- Box coolers are much less susceptible to corrosion and fouling compared with any other solution
- Box coolers are ideally suited for operation in icy, sandy shallow and silt polluted water
- Energy saving (elimination of secondary pump)