Exhaust Gas Heat Exchanger
Tailored solutions with certified quality
The EGR Cooler, developed in close collaboration with our customers for medium and low speed engines, ensures that the recirculation exhaust-gas is mixed at the lowest possible temperature with the air for the combustion process.
EGR Coolers are an essential element of EGR systems for the next engine generation which already now fulfills future emission guidelines according to IMO (International Maritime Organization), EPA (US Emission Protection Agency), EURO, etc. We have devolped various cooler designs with regard to the different requirements of EGR Coolers at 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines.
The patented design for 4-stroke engines high pressure EGR system enables cooling of exhaust gas, some of which are over 700 °C, down to 50 °C. All tests conducted with customers, at their facilities, have shown conformity with pollution results conducted at the prominent Research Centre for Internal-Combustion Engines and Thermodynamics at Rostock University in Germany. These tests have verified conformity of operational characteristics, especially pollution behaviour and transferred heat output. High-end software tools are implemented to predict the lifetime and reliability of the cooler under the extreme operation conditions.
- Safety under extreme conditions
- Compact design - low weight and small space requirements
- Simple installation thanks to plug and play
- Maximum process efficiency and availability
- Finned-tube configuration and fin geometry optimized by CFD
- Minimized fouling at the gas-side cooling surface
- Embossed and especially designed structures on the fin surface for effectively guiding the air flow through the heat exchanger