Field Service Representative
Plan and coordinate activities concerned with installing equipment (Cooling Towers, Air Cooled Heat Exchangers, Plate Heat Exchangers), investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
4915 Highway 90 East
LA 70518 Broussard
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for on-site field visits to supervise the installation of equipment.
- Investigate and resolve customer reports of technical problems with equipment and perform routine repairs.
- Responsible to insure all new or modified installations of equipment has been completed to ensure full functionality according to applicable industry standards, company standards and customer specifications.
- Review performance reports and documentation from customers and inspects malfunctioning or damaged equipment to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes inspection reports to determine source of problem and make recommendations for repair, replacement or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolutions with Field Service Manager, engineering and other inter-company departments to expedite repairs.
- Maintains records of reports. Responsible for submitting reports to the Field Service Manager and the Quality Control Manager.
- Provides recommendations to inter-company departments on recurring equipment problems noted in the field to instigate corrective action in design, production, service to eliminate future problems.
- Assist the Field Service Manager in providing day to day customer service to customer inquiries regarding equipment.
- Regular attendance, ability to arrive at work punctually, ability to work on–site, ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, ability to deal respectfully with the public, customers, vendors, other employees, managers, and executive management.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to interchange with others in the department.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. HVAC Technician Certification, Basic Electrical Technician Certification, or Rigging Certification are a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer or employees of organization.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basics algebra and geometry.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain passport and major credit card (car rental), ability to attend and pass simple safety orientation exams at customer locations. Must also be able to obtain industry required certifications, such as TWIC, to gain entry access to customer locations.
Must be able to travel 70% of time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the task listed in this job description, as well as other tasks assigned to you. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Kelvion Inc., designs and manufactures Brazed and Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers, Condensers and Dry Coolers, and Air Cooled Heat Exchangers for refineries, chemical and petrochemical plants, power utilities, and other related industries. The manufacturing plant is located at the Port of Catoosa near Tulsa, Oklahoma.