EQ-PIPE Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger
NEW EQPipe: perfect coolant distribution for new green high efficient heat pumps.
A massive change has been going on in the in the refrigerants market. Driven by environmental concerns, legislation is pushing a gradual phase out of traditional refrigerants in favor of new alternatives with lower global warming potential (GWP). Kelvion takes a proactive approach to further the development and use of low-GWP refrigerants in brazed plate heat exchangers to help slow and ultimately reverse the global warming and to ensure the competitiveness of the industry.
Compared to older refrigerants, the newer ones have different properties, which vary depending on the mixtures of the coolants. These differences can lead to an unfavorable flow behavior, causing an uneven distribution of the refrigerant. This in combination with the more new efficient heat pump technologies makes the perfect distribution necessary.
As a result, EQPipe is more efficient than conventional refrigerant distribution systems and able to solve more demanding new heat pump duties with much lower LMTD’s.
Kelvion developed the EQPipe distributor to offer a solution with a reliable and competitive product. By means of a freely configurable stainless steel tube, with flexible lengths, tube and nozzle diameters, our new distribution pipe can turn a potential uneven distribution of refrigerant into an even distribution. Therefore all primary channels within the heat exchanger can be evenly supplied with refrigerant, thus 100% of the available surface area is used. This results in the flexible use of low-GWP refrigerants in high efficiency BPHE’s.
Selecting the optimum heat exchanger, we need:
- Required temperature range
- Flow rates or required heat load
- Maximal permitted pressure drop
- Required working conditions
Currently available model types, which can be equipped with EQPipe, are: 400; 500; 550; 700; 7-TD; 770; 770-TD; 800; 900; 9-TD and 1000.
|Distribution Pipe -Ø [mm]||Letter||Nozzle-Ø [mm]|
- Configurable according to the requirements of the respective application by:
- Variable pipe diameters
- Variable bore cross sections
- Availability for all one-way flow arrangements
In accordance withthe available pressure levels and temperatures of selected series
- Directive 2014/68/EU of the European Parliament and of the council of 15 May 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of pressure equipment ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII
- Division 1, ASME U, UM
- DIN EN 13445-3
- UL 207 (USA Canada)
- ... and many more depending on series/type