Act as the intermediate link between the customer’s specific application requirement and the Kelvion product’s intended performance capabilities. Understand the different unit operations within engineering and where heat transfer equipment is used in these operations. Become familiar with Kelvion selection sizing and ordering software. Must be customer satisfaction driven and have a sales type personality while still being a strong analytical engineer.
3100 Farmtrail Road
PA 17406 York
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR APPLICATION ENGINEERS
- Interface with sales management to have an awareness of the strategic goals and objectives of the division, as it relates to his/her assignments.
- Interface with Engineering to have an awareness of the product’s performance parameters.
- Interface with Production to develop an awareness of the manufacturing capabilities and constraints as he/she evaluates new applications
- Respond, support, and educate the sales force in the marketplace on a daily basis to accomplish successful applications.
- Interface with customers to promote the division’s products and capabilities
- Develop a respected reputation for the division and one’s self.
- Utilize all tools available to him/her including sizing programs to correctly match the division’s products to the customer’s requirements.
- Familiarize self with heat exchanger design, bill of materials and order processes.
- Complete accurate and timely quotations in accordance with Kelvion policies and procedures.
- Support Quality in RA’s. Primary contact with RSM’s and Customers.
MARKET SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Basic understanding of heat transfer theory.
- Working knowledge of the heat transfer application as applies to HVAC and refrigeration.
- Market knowledge of the distribution channels.
- Working knowledge of evaporator and condenser designs.
- Ability to troubleshoot heat transfer problems with existing systems by interfacing with sales channel and Kelvion technical resources.
Respond, support, and educate the sales force in the marketplace on a daily basis to accomplish successful negotiations with end customers.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR APPLICATION ENGINEERS
- Develop thorough understanding of the strategic goals and objectives of the division, utilizing them when evaluating new applications.
- Become completely familiar with all aspects of the products intended performance capabilities.
- Become completely familiar with all aspects of the division’s manufacturing capabilities as it relates to the products.
- Continue to perform an ongoing educational process for the sales force and the independent representative network as required.
- Always act in the highest professional manner when representing the division while carrying out the responsibilities of the assignment.
Perform his/her duties utilizing the tools available to him/her (selection/sizing programs) and in accordance with the pricing guidelines established by management.
- Has the ability to significantly impact the divisional sales and profit potential by adroitly recognizing, or avoiding, new applications presented to him/her.
- Determine the potential volume and revenue of a new application, and then seek the appropriate level of signing authority to proceed.
Participate in trade shows, trade exhibitions, customer visits, professional development seminars, etc.
When requested, will participate in engineering, production, quality, and sales
meetings at the division level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of heat transfer technology.
- Intermediate knowledge of selection/sizing programs.
- Refrigeration, hydronic and manufacturing knowledge a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer technology and programs.
- Advanced communicative skills required.
NATURE OF THE WORK
Ability to function and perform successfully in a fast-paced, demanding and competitive sales environment.
Normal physical requirements associated with travel, customer visits and attending trade exhibitions.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this description. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to