Business Development Manager – After Sales & Service
Achieve the sales revenue and profit forecasts for the After Sales & Service Division on the East Coast, with primary focus in the Southeast. The Business Development Manager (BDM) will work to grow Kelvion revenue through proactive focus on direct sales efforts with targeted customers as well as through the focused expansion of partnerships with independent Manufacturer’s Representatives as needed to drive both medium and large customer growth within the sales territory in the following industries: Refinery, Power, Chemical, Petrochemical, Pulp and Paper, Marine, Bio-processing, and general industrial markets within Industrial Sales where Heat Exchangers are used.
4915 Highway 90 East
LA 70518 Broussard
- Overall Objective of the Business Development Manager Role: “Grow and expand the revenue footprint of Kelvion using our complete product and services portfolio within a defined geographic territory.”
- Primary Customer Focus: Target customers in aligned industry segments within a defined geography that are not currently assigned to Strategic or National Accounts Managers. A combination of current and potential customers with significant Total Combined Revenue (TCR) > $100K (current and potential revenue combined). There will also be a blend of Direct Sales account growth opportunities and Manufacturer’s Reps not already aligned to a Channel Sales Manager. The objective is to proactively assess, plan and grow a defined sales territory within a specific industry segment(s).
- Growth Expectations: Grow revenue proactively and independently within a defined sales territory across both Direct Sales opportunities and using Manufacturer’s Reps partners. Focus on penetration (growth of new business in existing customers) and conversion (finding new opportunities for Kelvion using our complete portfolio of products and services in a defined geography.
REPORTS TO: National After Sales & Service Manager
- Achieve the independent representative’s sales revenue targets under his/her management by developing and executing territorial growth plans per representative firm. Target markets within the BDM’s territory include but are not limited to: Refinery, Power, Chemical, Petrochemical, Pulp and Paper, Marine, Bio-processing, and general industrial markets.
- Travel with representatives to EPCs, Engineers, End Users, Contractors, etc. and help educate about Kelvion’s global After Sales & Service capabilities and drive sales for the referenced markets.
- Select, manage, and measure the independent representative’s performance
against projected sales goals. Communicate goals and objectives to each representative firm principal owner.
- Represent the Company at trade association meetings and exhibitions. This includes traveling with Kelvion’s 53’ mobile show trailer.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and report significant activities to management.
- Assist the product marketing department PM and R&D with customer requirements on product design.
- Assist the financial and quality departments with activities at customers, when required.
- Coordinate orders with operations to ensure on time delivery.
- Develop and host training webinars including but not limited to: market knowledge, product knowledge, sales management best practices, and self-development.
- Knowledge of project oriented referenced industries.
- Ability to interface with EPC’s with a working knowledge of heat exchangers for industrial applications.
- Achieve the personal sales and revenue targets for his/her direct accounts.
- Achieve the independent representative’s sales and revenue targets.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in the independent representative’s
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism to the marketplace and competition when representing the Company.
- Be aware of all competitive activity and how it impacts the division’s goals and objectives.
- Manage pertinent paperwork as necessary.
- Travel shall be approximately 50%.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Order Intake Revenue
- Gross Margin
- Expenses (Travel)
- Activity (Customer Visits, Customer Engagement, Customer-Related Activity)
- Sales Pipeline Management (Kelvion Sales Process; Plan, Qualify, Align, Propose, Close, Expand)
- Customer Network (Expanding Contacts and Defining Decision-Makers and Mobilizers)
- Quote Activity / Hit Rate / Quote to Order Success
- Retention / Penetration / Conversion
- Days Sales Outstanding (AP)
- Payment Terms
- Contract Performance / Revenue Management (vs. forecast or goal)
The Business Development Manager shall carry out the position’s duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Kelvion policies and procedures regarding personal behavior and pricing authority, etc.
- Significant input into sales forecast preparations.
- Significant input into forecasted sales expenses for budgetary planning.
- Significant input into identifying, selecting, and directing the most effective sales channels in his/her market.
- The Regional Sales Manager will determine the total amount of business available in his territory assignments.
- The Regional Sales manager will be responsible for setting up and maintaining a market plan for assigned segments.
- Will be responsible to communicate with production to understand install base for ACHE in respective region to develop strategic sales planning and coordinate calls specific to developing service opportunities on established KELVION equipment and competitive HX that are on the same site.
Anticipated weekly contact with major customers, potential major customers, Kelvion representatives, industry trade associations, trade exhibitions, etc.
Anticipated weekly contact with Kelvion Management personnel for US and HQ organization, Kelvion department heads, Kelvion shop personnel, etc.
- MANDATORY - BS in mechanical or chemical engineering or related field is preferred.
- At least 1 year of industry experience.
- Advanced knowledge of heat transfer technology.
- Advanced knowledge of the territory development
- Ability to take responsibility for the P&L of the territory or market segment
- Intermediate level of understanding of competitors products.
- Advanced level of effective sales management.
- Advanced understanding of channel partner sales in representatives, distribution houses and agents.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer technology and programs MS Office and
- Advanced communicative skills required.
- Advanced education and presentation skills.
NATURE OF THE WORK
Ability to function and perform successfully in a highly paced, demanding and competitive sales environment.
Normal physical requirements associated with travel, customer visits and attending trade exhibitions. Also ability to use measuring tools, TWIC certified, and able to perform measurement at plants utilizing Protection Equipment IE: Fall Protection.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this description. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to