Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers
Service for Plate Heat Exchangers
Even the highest performing plate heat exchangers are subject to wear and tear. Regular monitoring and servicing will keep equipment running effectively for longer and avoid costly and disruptive unscheduled down time - Periodic inspections will extend the lifetime.
The Kelvion Service includes performance auditing, reconditioning, resizing and leakage testing – all to the highest standards. We believe that installing new gaskets to the highest standards are crucial for extending their service life.
Our ten-step process, which leaves nothing to chance, includes inspections, replacing old gaskets, cleaning and dye testing, to ensure a first-class result every time.
Our Service Portfolio
We also have a regular performance audit program, which enables customers to avoid unscheduled downtime, plan for future component replacements and extend the lifetime of the equipment.
Report details can be used by our customers to address immediate attention items, as well as plan for future component replacements like plates, gaskets, etc.
Our 10-Step-Process for installing new gaskets equals a first-class result. First we inspect the equipment before removing the old gasket and cleaning the plates. This is followed by a dye test and second inspection, removal of the dye residue, cleaning the gasket groove and final plate inspections. The new plates are then fitted and quality checked.
10-Step-Process at a glance:
- Initial inspection & creation of report
- Removal of old gaskets
- Chemical cleaning (acid or caustic bath), high pressure cleaning
- Dye test and second inspection (record results)
- Removal of residues after dye penetration test
- Cleaning of gasket groove
- Final inspection of each plate; replacement of damaged plates
- New gaskets are fitted
- For glued gaskets – tensioning of plate pack and glue curing in an oven
- Final stamp of approval after final inspection and careful packaging of plate pack
Plate heat exchangers can sometimes be exposed to external influences that may cause microscopic leaks. With our innovative leakage test we can track down any material fatigue by feeding a hydrogen/nitrogen mixture into the closed plate heat exchanger on the water side. This is faster and more efficient than conventional methods and can also be used as a preventative tightening test.
Hydrogen Leak Detector EcoSafe 2000
- Robust and simple construction for industrial surrounding
- Fast response behavior
- Early detection of material fatigue
- Mobile and can be applied at short notice
- 10% hydrogen result in 100% safety
- Proven product quality management
Service Locations Gasketed Plate Heat Exchanger
With our network of locations worldwide, we offer maximum and reliable service availability wherever you are and at any time.
288 020 Nymburg
8723 Løsning Kopenhagen
CV9 1HU Atherstone
LA 70518 Broussard
35523 Jubail Industrial City